Wednesday, January 6, 2010

when I hear the sound of the blackbird's cry I know I left in the nick of time

And here we are. . . It's officially the 6th of January and the eve of Ukrainian Christmas. I am hanging out in the school relaxing and thinking about all the cool things that this Christmas might entail but then it really doesn't feel like christmas and I'm enjoying sketching and reading much more than taking to the streets in teh very cold weather. SO, what's new, exciting? I had a wonderful new Years with a few other volunteers. We celebrated in grand style here in Lviv ringing in the New Year in teh center of town right by the opera house and new years tree.

Now I'm enjoying the wonders of vacation. Since Christmas is later our winter break goes after new years not before so while all the kiddies in teh states are rushing back to the work, I'm enjoying the free time that you all had before. Pretty soon I'll start thinking about planning for my classes too.

My mood is good, I'm finally excited to start teaching the kiddos as soon as break is over. I've enjoyed a good run just observing classes and now the work will begin as with teh new semester comes a schedule of things to do! I'm also looking into brainstorming with my director on things that I would like to do in teh future for projects.

I'm thinking about finally caving in and buying a bucket. It's not that I don't like doing my laundry in my platform shower, I mean I do even if it does take me three days to wash my very small wardrobe, actually half of my very small wardrobe. But the idea of soaking my clothes in detergent is pretty swanky. The fact that this excites me is somewhat depressing, only because it's a sure sign that the effect in living in Ukraine took a rapid change on my mental processing that I didn't necessarily expect to happen so quickly.

In other news, I'm reading The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan. An old book which I'm sure all you cool hipsters have already read. Either way it makes me want to either a. get an internship at polyface farms or b. be a grass farmer.

Also, if you will notice to the right. Is my newly updated wish list. I think the best way to send things is the flat rate mailers by the USPS, only use USPS for mailing things because then it doesn't have to be inspected. You'll find my address on a prior entry if you feel so inclined!

LOVE YOU ALL

No comments:

Post a Comment