Friday, January 29, 2010

So why not let me in off your worn out welcome mat.

This week has been filled with unexpected engagements dates fun and all the other things that come with unexpected. The weather, in case national Ukrainian forecast doesn't reach the US, has been well, cold, to say the very least. We've been at about -20 celsius, that's -4F without the windchill, and I mean while It's not the coldest I've ever experienced in my life it's cold. And normally as I awkwardly try to tell people in Ukrainian when they ask me if it's cold like this in America, I say, yes, but the buildings are warm, which happens to not be the case here. However, Eternal gratefulness to my school director who sent (via the cleaning lady) a nice warm wool filled or even synthetic I'm not sure, comforter that has increased my warmth by leaps and bounds. Also, in case you didn't know, I saw my breath in bathroom this week. That's right on the inside.

Well, a lot has happened this week. It's hard to really summarize. I think I'm landing on my feet in some respects with my classes, though we'll see what my role will be once my counterpart returns. At teh very least I'm loving LOVING my French classes and am so grateful to be teaching that. I honestly think I'm a better French teacher than English teacher but there it is. Let's see, saw a fantastic performance last night at the Philharmonic of a dual showing of Four seasons, One, being of course Vivaldi's and the other being Astor Piazzolla, a tango writer! Both fantastic with amazing violin soloists and amazing company!

Let's see other than that I think I'll hold off on everything else so as not to ruin the skyping I'll be doing this weekend, namely with my parents.

I would like to send out awesome all-star awards to the following: My parents, Amabelle Smith, and Kyle Bladow for sening my packages filled with love and goodies from home. I just sent out a batch of letters to the states so hopefully those will be arriving soon. And among the next batch will be thank yous for all of these kiddies. I'm sufficiently stocked on Irish Breakfast tea thanks to Ama and Kyle to last me through any amount of time!
love and hugs to you all

No comments:

Post a Comment