Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I Just can't get enough

Well, it's back to the wonderful world of school year time. Unfortunately, my school braek passed by too quickly and now it's back to teaching. I used to think that France made me low key. That I learned to just kind of go with the flow while I was there because nothing was really bad enough to get worked up over. That's the thing, in France, that was the case I rolled with things because there weren't any waves or upsets or anything like this.

Ukraine, on the other hand, is a master's class on how to roll with the chaos wave and just move past everything that may have been a problem for you in the past. My week started out in what I thought would be a quiet manner. As far as I knew, my counterpart wouldnt' be at school and I would be observing some more until the vice-principals had conferenced and gotten my schedule together. This however was not the case. I ended up teaching that day with only 5 minutes notice. and at the moment, I know I have classes to teach next week. I have no idea what they are what teh subject is or when I'll be teaching. And so, like the zen part I knew was in me somewhere I'm accepting this and moving on and riding the chaos wave. And telling myself I'm a good enough teacher to fake it til I make it when it comes to the first lessons and until my schedule is cemented at least for teh week. This is a quality Ukrainians have down pat and I'm jealous. I mean I think it's good. To be able to just let things happen as they will, while some would argue is less efficient takes a tremendous amount of stress away and forces you to at teh very least trust yourself if no one else. This breeds general awesomeness and so i am happy that I will be in teh boot camp of developing this skill for the next two years.

This weekend some PCVs are coming to hang and socialize as per usual PCV fashion. I'm excited to see the homies and happy that I'll be able to. I've been hanging out with more people and enjoying the fact that someday this snow will melt and I'll have a completely walkable city!!!

In other news, let us have a moment of silence for the fact that I opened my back-up and consequently last stick of American deodorant today. This item has now been put on the critical red level of things I would love to have sent to me. It's a little bit like the warning levels of safety in America, but more light hearted and somehow less trivial (excuse me if this offends). I'm going to put it out there I feel like my need for deodorant has a greater concrete meaning to it than the safety levels in the states, but hey that's me.

OH YEAH! I'm sending out letters, SOON. So if you want to be on the mailing list send me a note and I'll put a letter in the box your way sometime between now and the end of June.

Here's to winter time, resolution steadfastness and general awesomeness of surroundings and people
lovetoyouall

No comments:

Post a Comment