Tuesday, October 5, 2010

put your body next to mine and dream on

Sometimes I think that being busier is better. I think a lot about the amount of times in the states I was working two jobs in order to keep myself busy because I thought I needed to. Being in Peace Corps has oddly enough changed a lot of that. Granted I do work; 18 hours a week in school and I have something planned for about an hour or so a day after school. And on weekends, there's lots of meetings and travel normally. What really scares me is that I've become accustomed to waking up at 8am and taking my time to get ready for work. I enjoy an amount of free time (even when i have events) that isn't really possible in the states. I hope that when I go back to America, I'll still be able to read and to experience. . . but sometimes I worry.

School is going along at a lightning pace and I can't believe it's already October and fall break is rapidly approaching and I'll be heading to Poland. In all honesty, the trip to Poland is keeping me sane at this point. I've been having harder hits of homesickness; though I don't know why. In talking to Joe, he mentioned that everyone of my cluster mates that I am close with have had a chance to see their parents making being away from home easier to deal with. While I'm the only one who has gone cold turkey from my parents for a year. Worse, not exactly knowing how much longer I'm going to have to go without them. Homesickness is tough and it's taken me a really long time to be affected by it. I'm hoping that it will ebb and flow and that it won't always be so ever present in my daily life. I think that as things move along my mind will drift to other things and other plans.

I haven't been getting much reading done, instead I've found myself doing a lot of lesson planning and a lot of phone conversation. I'm hoping to get back to that too. Perhaps, this will just be a blog entry of hopes, the hopes that I want to happen before Poland maybe or just in general.

Well, everything else is going fine. My place is really cold. really cold and I'm trying not to think about what winter is going to be like. I forgot how cold my place really gets. I'm trying to avoid plugging in my space heater until November. But I might have to make it a temperature decision rather than a month decision.

that's all for now. perhaps a more substantial post in the weeks to come after some big events.
hugsandlove

No comments:

Post a Comment