Sunday, October 10, 2010

maybe all my years of travelling have quenched what I've thirsted

Here's to a crisp autumn. The weather is cold and after a hard week of homesickness I'm feeling myself on the mend. Homesickness isn't something I've ever really dealt with, but it came in full force this week. I suppose it's only natural. But I'm glad that it's passed and I can move on to other more exciting things. This post is probably more about promise than anything else, promise and plans for the future.

My grant is officially written. I closed myself in my house today finishing the grant and working on some other projects I've been putting off during my down and out feelings. I feel like I'm getting back on track and that it'll be soon enough where the project will be on its feet. Then, oh then, this week I got a lot of information about the future. This Wednesday I'm heading to Nosivka, my host village, to visit my host family and act as the adopt-a-cluster person. Can't wait to meet the new trainees and hopefully my presentation will go alright. I'm going to be doing a presentation on young learners and I hope my plans will be ok. Americans can be a bit more touchy and judgemental than Ukrainians and so I hope they're not expecting fireworks. At the very least I hope that my excitement can make up for that. I'm also giving some information on rubrics. Thanks to help from Joe who sent me some of his and then I am going to give information on how I grade my little kids. After that I'll be back home and then in two weeks I'm headed to Poland with Linnea and meeting up with Ama. I really cannot wait! I get home and head down to Uzhgorod for Halloween!!! Still have some costume stuff to do ! But that can wait til next week. And then warden training! Ah life is crazy.

We finally got the plans and price quotes for Egypt so that's definitely a go for new years! Seven days in the warmth of teh desert I'll take it!

feeling good and I figure after last week I should post when feeling good and happy. These posts are more important than the others anyway! There's still a lot on my plate, but I'm feeling more happy about getting things finished and I'm starting to feel like I can do it. I'm looking forward to possibilities.

loveandhugs

No comments:

Post a Comment