Sunday, September 5, 2010

meet me at the wrecking ball

Highlights to the end of summer and the school year beginning :

My visit to my host family and the beginning of my scheduled life in school has made me feel grounded and more functional than I was most of summer.

Autumn is coming and I feel the need to cuddle up with all the comforts of home and acoustic soft music.

I missed my students a lot and working with them makes me REALLY happy. Some days I can be frustrated with their lack of listening; but I really couldn't ask for more kind hearted students.

I did a deep clean of my room. This makes me really happy. I'm even currently displaying the shame of the book stack I have. But I do have a pile of about 4 or so books ready to pass on.

I'm finally getting the time to preserve stuff now that I have a partner in canning. Blythe and I have already done apple butter and salsa and we've got plans for this coming Wednesday after a visit to the bazaar. This makes me really happy!

The weather has gotten cooler making it perfect sweater wearing weather aka my favourite season.

I'm feeling a new sense of opportunity with the new school year and this makes me really happy!

I miss my family and friends in increasing amounts; but with my one year in country mark so quickly approaching, I can hardly believe how fast time is going

I updated my wishlist to the right!

loveandhugstoall

No comments:

Post a Comment